Chrome dark mode for Windows 10
1.Click Start search for “Settings”, choose “Personalization” at the left tab click ‘Colors’ and scroll down to the switch marked ‘Choose your default app mode’.
2. Change this to ‘Dark’ and all apps with a native dark mode, including Chrome, will change color. There’s no need to restart your browser.
Chrome dark mode for macOS
1. Open ‘System Preferences’, click ‘General’, select ‘Appearance’.
2. Select the ‘Dark’ option. As with Windows, all apps with a native dark mode will change automatically with no further input from you.
Chrome dark mode for Android
1. Dark mode is still an experimental feature in Chrome for Android, so bear in mind that some design elements might look a little strange. To activate it, enter chrome://flags in the browser’s address bar.
2. Tap the ‘Search flags’ box and enter the work dark. You’ll find two options here: ‘Android web contents dark mode’ and ‘Android Chrome UI dark mode’. If you activate the first option, Chrome will detect if a site’s developers have created a dark version and select it automatically. If there’s no dark version available, the browser will invert the site’s colors. Activating the second option means that the browser interface itself will turn dark.
3. Tap the drop-down menu under each of these options and change the setting to ‘Activated’, then restart Chrome.
4. Now open the settings menu, tap ‘Themes’ and select ‘Dark’. If you can’t see the Themes option, restart Chrome again and it should appear.
Chrome dark mode for iPad or iPhone
Google hasn’t released a dark mode for Chrome on iOS, but it’s a work in progress and may become available with the browser’s next major update. We’ll update this article with instructions on activating it when it arrives. For the time being, you can use the Invert feature to achieve a similar effect.
1. Open ‘Settings’ and select ‘General > Accessibility > Display accommodations’.
2. Toggle ‘Classic Invert’ to invert the colors of everything on your device’s screen, or ‘Smart invert’ to leave images alone but invert everything else.