How to download macOS
Download and install current or previous versions of the Mac operating system.
Apple recommends using the latest (newest) macOS that is compatible with your Mac. macOS updates and upgrades help to maintain your computer’s security, stability, and compatibility, and they include the latest features and built-in apps.
Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. While installing, avoid putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac will restart, and it might show a progress bar or blank screen several times.
use the App Store or your browser
When you use these methods instead of Software Update, your Mac might need more storage space to download macOS and complete the installation.
Or you Can Button find links here:Download Ventura 13 Download Monterey 12 Download Big Sur 11 Download Catalina 10.15 Download Mojave 10.14 Download High Sierra 10.13
- Click the Button link to open the App Store page for that macOS that you need.
- In the App Store, click the Get button to begin downloading the macOS installer.
- After downloading to your Applications folder, the installer opens automatically. Follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS.
- Click the link to download a disk image (.dmg) file for that macOS.
- Double-click the .dmg file to open it and see the .pkg file within.
- Double-click the .pkg file, then follow the onscreen instructions. This installs the macOS installer into your Applications folder.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the macOS installer, named Install [Version Name]. Follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS.
If you need help
If you’re having difficulty getting the links to work, try again using Safari. It’s in your Applications folder.
If you need more storage space to download or install, learn how to free up storage space.
If the macOS that you want isn’t compatible with your Mac or the currently installed macOS, the installer will let you know, and the App Store might prevent you from downloading it. For example, it might dim the Get button, say that the macOS is not compatible with this device, or say that the requested version of macOS is not available.
Learn what to do if you get an error message saying that an error occurred while downloading, preparing, or installing, or that the installer is damaged or could not be verified.
Use Software Update
Using Software Update is faster and easier than upgrading by other methods, and it might require less storage space to download and install the upgrade. Software Update shows only upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.